Latest Reviews4 4 4 1 1
Here's why I say this. There's a nice padded sleeve for a laptop but no place for a water bottle that is separate from the equipment area. Hanging a water bottle by a hook or carabineer is impractical. Additionally, much is said about the tripod holder being on the side to not block the front of the pack but the biggest entry into the pack is from the back where the harness is anchored and not the front. The other featured opening is on the side near the bottom, not the front. So, what would the tripod in the middle of the front be blocking, exactly? Depending on the size and weight of the tripod, being on the side causes the pack to be off balance. Whereas, if a water bottle holder was on the opposite side of the tripod holder, a sense of balance could be achieved.
I'm keeping the Parallax for short hikes when water is not an issue. For longer hikes, I bought a Lariat and a kit cube traveler that easily fits through the Lariat's zippered panel. This combination gives me the options I need for water, food and additional equipment or I can travel lighter and cinch down the less than full pack. Both of these have Mountainsmith's great quality and adjustability.
The #1 choice for National Geographic contributing photographer, Andy Mann. Referred to by the designer as the "photo studio with shoulder straps," The Parallax covers all of your camera carrying needs.
Buy Now From These Retailers
Buy Now From Mountainsmith.com
- Three-point access to camera gear
- Backpanel Access
- Side Panel Access(Deploys chest-mount DSLR case)
- Top Panel Access
- Padded compartment with internal dividers for custom camera carry
- Two front organization pockets including padded laptop sleeve (Fits 17" screens)
- Secondary iPad/Kindle/Tablet sleeve
- Side panel pocket with zip out bottom for tripod and light stand carry
- Padded waist belt with zippered pocket
- Side compression straps for accessory carry and load stabilization
- Dual density shoulder straps with load lifter suspension
- Lens case attachment point
- Removable rain cover
- YKK® Zippers
- Bar tack reinforcements
- 5000mm PU waterproof fabric coating
- 500d S-Kodra High Tenacity Nylon
- 210d Liner
- Atilon Foam
- Exterior: 23" x 13" x 9.75" (H x W x D)
- Interior: 22.25" x 12.25" x 9"
- 1880 cu. in. / 30.5 L
- 3 DSLR Bodies / Assorted Lenses / Flash / Accessories / Laptop / Tablet / Tri-pod
- 6 lbs 12 oz / 3.06 kg
- Fit Range:
- Fits most adult users