From climbs to day hikes to on-the-go adventures, the Descent is ideal for quick access. With shoulder sling carry, this camera pack keeps your DSLR poised to capture the shot and then quickly swings out of the way as you hustle on.
Built for mobility, the Descent is Andy's go-to pack for days when he is hanging off the rock wall. Unparalleled access prepares him for the angles that he might normally miss, while giving him the security he needs to effortlessly make it to the next shot.
The Descent is co-designer Andy Mann's go-to bag for rock climbing shoots, technical hikes, and projects that require easy access and top-notch protection for his camera gear. Mountainsmith pro and forerunner in the world of adventure film and ocean conservation photography, Andy is an experienced climber, diver, and arctic explorer whose imagery is helping tell the story of our rapidly changing planet. His adventures take him to all 7 continents for National Geographic Magazine, National Geographic’s Pristine Seas, and more. Learn more about Andy here.
- Front accessory organization pocket
- Color coded accessory media pockets under the lid
- Secondary chest strap for additional security
- Lens case attachment point
- Reinforced haul handles
- Removable rain cover
- Water resistant 5000mm PU fabric panels for extreme durability in the field
- Sling pack with left shoulder strap carry
- Clamshell access to main camera carrying compartment
- 610d CORDURA® HP
- 210d Nylon Liner
- YKK® Zippers
- 15” x 12” x 6.25” (H x W x D)
- 671 in3 / 11 L
- 854 in3 / 14 L (Extended)
- Capacity: Up to 20 lbs / 9.1 kgs
- 2 lbs 9 oz / 1.2 kgs