Apex 55 WSD
Designed specifically for the female backpacker, the 2019 Apex 55 WSD is built for more efficient, more comfortable carry from thru-hikes to multi-night backpack excursions.
Efficient pack carry starts with the hips. The Apex 55 is built with our Tuning Fork Waistbelt, designed to cup the iliac crest of the hip bone for a more dynamic fit and improved load transfer. Increased padding on the lumbar pad and our signature Delta Load Compression System stabilize and transfer weight for more efficient and comfortable carry. With a sock-style shoulder strap construction (no seams or hard edges means no digging into the body), increased padding on the waistbelt, adjustable torso range, and a hex-ridged backpanel, the 2019 Apex 55 WSD offers unmatched comfort on every adventure. On trail, the advanced, tubular aluminum frame keeps the weight lower without sacrificing performance. Whether you’re on the trail or at your campsite, reach for the U-shaped zipper for easy access into the main compartment. Store the essentials in the zippered top lid (secondary map pocket inside) and stash your phone in the stretch mesh zippered waistbelt pockets.
What makes this pack women’s specific? On select Mountainsmith backpacks, we’ve designated specific regions of the pack fitment and sizing to better accommodate female torso structure. Precurved shoulder straps and waist belts as well as canted angles and contact points have been fine tuned for a better contour, a truer fit, and more efficient pack carry over unisex styles.
All Mountainsmith products come with the Forged for Life Guarantee, the official Mountainsmith lifetime warranty.
- Front panel stretch mesh expansion pocket
- Forward pull waistbelt with delta compression side adjustment webbing
- Stretch mesh zippered waistbelt pockets for expanded volumes (Fits up to iPhone 8+ and Galaxy S9+)
- Front panel, large U-Shaped zippered access to main compartment
- Top lid zippered compartment with secondary pocket underneath
- Top storm collar with dual cinch cords and over the top compression strap
- Deep side panel expansion pockets with Over/Under strap pass thru
- Dual tool / trekking pole carry with elastic pole tip loops
- Aluminum hoop-frame suspension with dynamic hipbelt integration for increased load transfer
- Hex-ridged EVA backpanel padding for omni-directional airflow
- Women's specific dual density EVA/PU shoulder straps with adjustable height load lifters
- Increased lumbar pad thickness for load transfer into lower back
- 210d HT Nylon Micro R/S
- 420d HD Nylon Oxford
- 210d Nylon Embossed Liner
- 7000 Series Tubular Aluminum
- Dimensions: 24" x 10.25" x 8.5" (H x W x D)
- Torso Size: 15" - 18"
- Waistbelt: 28" - 48"
- 3425 cubic inches / 56 L (standard)
- 3725 cubic inches / 61 L (extended)
- Up to 50 lbs
- 4 lbs 5 oz / 1.9 kg