The 60-liter version of the Apex is packed with features and is the ideal size for extended thru-hikes. Built with CORDURA® fabric, it will last you from Springer to Katahdin.
Starting at $199.95
This 60 liter internal frame backpack was made for extended journeys and thru-hiking on long trails. Designed from the waist belt up, with a focus on ergonomics, the Apex backpacking bag is a joy to wear while hiking. Emphasizing durability, this pack is built with CORDURA® fabric and a heavy duty yet lightweight aluminum suspension. Intuitive features make this a smart and convenient backpacking solution; including a hydration sleeve and port, side-canted water bottle pocket, large U-shaped access zipper, mesh stash pocket, smart phone-sized waist belt pocket, generous lash points for tools, ridged EVA back panel padding, pocket pass-through compressions straps, adjustable torso suspension, and an easy forward pull waist belt. To bring you peace of mind for your backcountry investment, Mountainsmith offers a lifetime warranty on their products. If you are looking to cover long distances with a pack that will last you for trips to come, this is the pack for you.
- U-Shaped zipper access to main compartment
- TuningFork™ waistbelt framesheet for form fitting over iliac crest hip bone
- Anvil Airway ridged EVA backpanel padding
- Forward pull waistbelt with V adjustment webbing
- Front panel stretch mesh pocket with daisy chain attachment loops
- PE Framesheet with X configuration AL Stays and horizontal stabilizer bar
- Top compression gear strap
- Bar tack reinforcements
- YKK® Zippers
- 3M™ Reflective Cord
- 305d Mulit-Rip Cordura® HP
- 610d Cordura®
- 210d Nylon Embossed Liner
- Twin T6 0.75" Aluminum Stays
- 25.75" x 10.25" x 7.25" / 65 x 26 x 18 cm (H x W x D)
- Waist belt width: 1.5"
- Wait belt circumference: 28" - 48"
- Torso size: 16" - 21"
- 3170 cubic inches / 52 L
- 3660 cubic inches / 60 L (Ext)
- Up to 60 lbs
- 4lbs 15 oz / 2.2 kg