Completely redesigned in 2019, the Apex 80 maximizes comfort and durability for more miles, longer days, and more efficient load-carry. Ideal for gear-intensive backpacking.
Like a good dance move, efficient pack carry starts with the hips. The Apex 80 is built with our Tuning Fork Waistbelt, designed to cup the iliac crest of the hip bone for a more dynamic fit and improved load transfer. Increased padding on the lumbar pad and our signature Delta Load Compression System stabilize and transfer weight for more efficient and comfortable carry. With a sock-style shoulder strap construction (no seams or hard edges means no digging into the body), increased padding on the waistbelt, adjustable torso range, and a hex-ridged backpanel, the 2019 Apex 80 offers unmatched comfort on every adventure. On trail, the advanced, tubular aluminum frame keeps the weight lower without sacrificing performance.
Whether you’re at your campsite or on the go, reach for the U-shaped zipper for easy access into the main compartment. Store the essentials in the zippered top lid (secondary map pocket inside) and stash your phone in the stretch mesh zippered waistbelt pockets. From photo gear, fishing tackle, to hammocks; the Apex 80 has room for it all.
All Mountainsmith products come with the Forged for Life Guarantee, the official Mountainsmith lifetime warranty.
- Front panel stretch mesh expansion pocket
- Forward pull waistbelt with delta compression side adjustment webbing
- Stretch mesh zippered waistbelt pockets for expanded volumes (Fits up to iPhone 8+ and Galaxy S9+)
- Front panel, large U-Shaped zippered access to main compartment
- Top lid zippered compartment with secondary pocket underneath
- Top storm collar with dual cinch cords and over the top compression strap
- Deep side panel expansion pockets with Over/Under strap pass thru
- Dual tool / trekking pole carry with elastic pole tip loops
- Aluminum hoop-frame suspension with dynamic hipbelt integration for increased load transfer
- Hex-ridged EVA backpanel padding for omni-directional airflow
- Dual density EVA/PU shoulder straps with adjustable height load lifters
- Increased lumbar pad thickness for load transfer into lower back
- 210d HT Nylon Micro R/S
- 420d HD Nylon Oxford
- 210d Nylon Embossed Liner
- 7000 Series Tubular Aluminum
- Dimensions: 30" x 11.25" x 10" (H x W x D)
- Torso Size: 16" - 20"
- Waistbelt: 28" - 48"
- 4760 cubic inches / 78 L (standard)
- 5185 cubic inches / 85 L (extended)
- Up to 55 lbs
- 4 lbs 10 oz / 2.1 kg