Join the Mountainsmith Team
Interested in working at Mountainsmith? Check out our listings below or email email@example.com.
Marketing Coordinator // Golden, CO
Start Date: Summer 2018
Location: Golden, Colorado
Reports to: Marketing Manager
From backpacks to trekking poles, tents and more, we are committed to building the most durable outdoor gear in the field. Founded in the Rockies 40 years ago, Mountainsmith celebrates not only the gear that has led us here, but the stories, adventures, and experiences that define the rugged, Colorado-grown, no B.S. lifestyle we continue to share.
Represent the company as an entry-level yet dynamic marketing professional. Work in conjunction with the sales, design and operations team to communicate a clear brand message. The appropriate candidate would be a true brand ambassador and act as a key liaison in the ongoing work between the brand, its internal team, our external sales staff and our retailers, consumers and media partners with a strong focus on increasing sales, brand engagement, and brand awareness in our marketplace.
This position is non-exempt.
- Maintain product catalog via web-based admin tool (product info, pricing, specs, & images)
- Design & manage web-based promotions and email marketing
- Develop, execute a plan to increase the exposure and sales of our Pro Program
- Manage consumer communication via the website and email
Social Media Execution:
- Daily population of the social media presence for the brand via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Consumer communication via social media platforms
- Manage social media giveaways with partner brands, retailers
- Manage and grow our ambassador program to increase brand awareness, loyalty, and sales on MS.com
- Use Adobe Creative Suite to design print and digital ads
- Work with internal team to capture in-house studio and lifestyle photography as well as assist management of outside photography projects
- Work with internal team to create and edit brand videos
Retail Marketing Planning/Execution
- Assist in reporting and analyzing data to uncover marketing/sales opportunities
- Manage retail marketing partnerships and contracts
- Develop new sales and marketing opportunities in retail channels
- Work with sales reps to provide necessary creative assets, product/SKU info, and brand materials for retail partners
- Conduct marketing presentations as necessary
- Generate and distribute sales/marketing data to internal/external sales team
- Occasional regional travel for store trainings, trade show, events and meetings
Mountainsmith PR/Event Marketing
- Assist PR firm with product questions and sample delivery
- Responsible for managing donations and sponsorships requests
- Represent the brand at retailer and consumer facing events with 20-25% travel overlapping evenings and weekends as needed
This list is not intended to completely identify every responsibility of this position. Other priorities, tasks and projects may be assigned from time-to-time as the business necessitates and these are considered to fall under this position description.
This list does not fully specify the performance criteria required in this position. These will be communicated and evaluated by supervisors in regular communications and annual performance reviews.
- 1-3 years of marketing experience preferred
- 1 year of graphic design experience preferred
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign, Photoshop, and Premiere)
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with photography/videography, web design and/or web administration is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, or business (or applicable experience)
- Proven self-starter with strong follow-up and organizational skills. Must be able to manage multiple and changing priorities
- Passion for outdoor recreation, breakfast burritos, and daily sarcasm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of outdoor business and the company’s position in the market preferred
- Outgoing, professional, positive attitude a must
This position is not responsible for supervising others.
This position requires 20-25% travel for trade shows, sales meetings and consumer facing events which often include evenings and weekends.
Working Conditions and Time Commitment:
Normal office environment. Must be able to sit and utilize standard office equipment for prolonged periods of time (phone, computer, fax, etc). Extended hours and occasional weekends will be required as business cycles demand. Comfort and experience with outdoor recreation endeavors necessary for this role include: camping, hiking and backpacking.
Able to sit/stand for extended periods of time. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors. Creativity, collaboration, teamwork, and open communications are basic expectations of all team members.
The company maintains and fully enforces policies to prevent and manage instances of sexual harassment and discrimination of any sort.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.